A BRIEF HISTORY OF ARROWWOOD
The brushes that grow along the creek that flows through this village and the historic use of those brushes by our first nations people provided the name for East and West Arrowwood Creek.
Both flow through the Siksika Reserve, of which this town site was a part until it was sold in 1911. The name Arrowwood shifted to an irrigation project developed between the creeks around 1905, and when the post office opened in 1909, the name stuck. Arrowwood was incorporated as a village in 1926.